I love a good jalepeño popper, but I was really tired of soggy jalepeños and half cooked bacon (you know how the bacon wrapped ones don’t get crispy all the way?!). Honestly, I am just a little bit over the same pepper, cream cheese and bacon combo all the time. Which is sad, because…BACON & CHEESE how could you go wrong? I know I’m messing with a pretty spectacular combo, but I dared to think I could make it even better.
Ladies and gentleman, these jalepeño poppers have everything: sweet, savory and spicy! They are a home run.
- 6 jalepeños
- 6 oz cream cheese
- Pineapple mango chutney or jam, or whichever flavor you prefer! Be bold. 😉
- 8 slices of bacon
- Tangy bbq sauce, (I used korean bbq sauce) * This is optional. I only need a little bit, but the saltiness really jazzed up the flavors!
To make it:
- Dice up the bacon uncooked, then add it to saucepan and let it cook on medium heat until done.
- While the bacon is cooking, slice jalepeños in half and clean out the seeds. I wash my peppers after I slice them to cut down on the spiciness, if you like a little extra kick, wash them beforehand.
- Fill jalepeños with cream cheese
- Spoon a 1/2 tsp. of chutney on top of cream cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- Drain the grease from bacon pieces, and put bacon on paper bowl to absorb remaining grease.
- Top peppers with bacon
- Either drizzle with bbq sauce, or serve it as an optional dipping sauce!
- Let them cool for a minute or two before enjoying them. Watch out, they will disappear rapidly as soon as they are served!
Did you enjoy this recipes? Did you try it with other peppers or jam flavors? I’d love to hear your feedback. Please let me know what you thought in the comments! Thank you for reading!